The ProSomnus® ACG® System for TMJ, Chronic Headaches, and Airway Disorders.
The ProSomnus® ACG System addresses TMJ, fatigue, exhaustion, difficulty concentrating, irritability, depression, anxiety, acid reflux, chronic headaches, high blood pressure, airway disorders and more. Learn more about this cutting edge pain-free medical device: Download the Brochure.
The First fully Integrated Day/Night Airway Centric® Appliance System.
Common daytime complaints related to Airway are; Fatigue, exhaustion, difficulty concentrating, irritability, depression, anxiety, reflux, GERD, morning headache and high blood pressure. Historically, daytime appliances were used by specialists for headaches, TMJ clicking and pain, jaw pain, clenching, cervical spine stabilization, earache, tinnitus and ear fullness. It was therefore imperative to address daytime airway related complaints with a medical device designed appropriately rather than traditional dental lab splints. The recent position paper of the American College of Prosthodontics states; practitioners should screen patients for OSA prior to fabricating a splint that increases the vertical dimension of occlusion without mandibular protrusion. Airway trumps everything when we look at the patient comprehensively.
The ACG® System is comprised of 6 appliances to address the above complaints.
- ACG® -Day
- ACG® -Day Full
- ACG® – Night
- ACG® -BRUX-PAD
- ACG® -HERS
- ACG® -Functional
1. ACG® – Day is a lower milled repositioning appliance that covers the canines and establishes canine guidance while opening the airway during the day. The milled version involves no claps and is thinner lingually allowing better speech which is essential for a daytime appliance. Covering the canines and the lingual ribbon of milled PAMMA prevents intrusion of teeth.
Opening the airway by advancing the mandible also functions to:
- Alleviate clicking, popping and locking
- Alleviate daytime clenching reminding the patient to keep lips together, teeth apart (LTTA) as a Cognitive Behavioral device
- Relaxes the masticatory and cervical muscles
- Improves heart rate variability and balances the autonomic nervous system
- Created an esthetic transformation
- Improve lower third facial height
- Bigger lips
- Better chin
- Non-surgical facelift
- Improved nasolabial folds
- Correct facial asymmetry placing the chin back into the middle of the face
2. ACG® – Day Full is indicated for patients with an anterior open bite. This lower fuller coverage repositioning appliance establishes anterior contact, anterior guidance and opens the airway. It transfers the bite force from the posterior teeth to the anterior teeth which is a class 3 lever system that relaxes the masticatory muscles.
3. ACG® – Night is an anti-retrusion appliance that either has the same repositioning bite as the ACG day to open the airway or slightly increased vertical and protrusive. The anterior guide ramp prevents the jaw from retruding. It is indicated in individuals presenting with TMJ complaints prior to using ProSomnus® [IA] or Prosomnus® [ACG].
ACG® – Night w lower stabilizer
4. ACG® – BRUX-PAD ( Protective Airway Device) was added to the system in response to three occasional issues; Discomfort of the lower anterior teeth in the morning following nighttime clenching against the anti-intrusion ramp, mobility of the lower anterior teeth with short conical roots following trauma against the anti-intrusion ramp or shifting and crowding of the lower anterior teeth. The ACP Position Paper on Oral devices point out recent research demonstrating that traditional flat plane nightguards often close the airway and worsen Sleep Apnea and Snoring. To avoid liability the dentist needs a different device with the bite taken in a more protruded jaw position. The ACG® -BRUX-PAD is an excellent option for Bruxism patients without closing the airway. All dentists are advised to screen bruxism patients for airway and sleep disorders. The Brux-PAD can eventually be upgraded to a PROSOMNUS IA or ACG® -HERS.
5. ACG® – HERS was designed for women with smaller mouths and large tongues who cannot tolerate other sleep and airway appliance. Up seal is accomplished by thinning the labial surfaces and decreasing vertical dimension. The lingual design also enhances treatment efficacy.
6. ACG® – Functional is a lower anatomic appliance taken in an airway and TMJ friendly position. The ACG Functional is often ordered after treatment with ACG day or ACG day full as a transitional appliance prior to restorative dentistry. For those patients who may require a less bulky anatomic appliance capable of light chewing and clearer speech, this is an excellent option. While opening the airway and decompressing the TMJ the ACG- Functional also restores the lower third face for transformative aesthetics.
If you currently experiencing painful TMJ or TMD or are unsure if your headaches or facial pain is related to TMJ please feel contact the best in class, top rated TMJ specialist, Dr. Michael Gelb, at his NYC or White Plains, New York Gelb Center office today.
The Gelb Center of NYC
635 Madison Avenue, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10022
P: (212) 752-1662
The Gelb Center of White Plains
244 Westchester Ave, Suite 312
White Plains, NY 10604
P: (914) 686-4528