Dr. Julia Kagan Oppenheimer
Dr. Julia Kagan Oppenheimer is an associate dentist at The Gelb Center. Dr. Oppenheimer focuses on best in class treatments for sleep disorders and TMJ. Dr. Oppenheimer has a long time interest in the complexity of the human body. From her days in art school drawing the human figure to many hours of self observation in yoga practice, through dental and acupuncture school, her attention is geared toward understanding the human body and optimizing over all health and well being through knowledge and compassion.
Please note: Dr. Oppenheimer accepts insurance.
In professional practice at The Gelb Center in NYC, she helps individuals find resolution to health concerns after often times a long road of untreated symptoms that relate to the TMJ and restricted airway space such as headaches, insomnia, anxiety, head and neck pain, ear pain, tinnitus and sleep apnea through oral appliance therapy and acupuncture.
Dr. Oppenheimer is inspired integrating eastern and western medicine to positively transform peoples’ lives. She looks forward to strengthening that connection in our medical system through her appointment to faculty at Tristate College of Acupuncture in the TMD Pain Clinic training Rusk Physical Medicine and Rehab residents.
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- American Dental Association
- The American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- 8th District Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Cert. Ac., AIM (Acupuncture Integrative Medicine) 2014 Tristate College of Acupuncture – New York, New York
- D.D.S. , General Dentistry 2004 SUNY at Buffalo, School of Dental Medicine – Buffalo, New York
- B.F.A., Sculpture 1996 SUNY at Buffalo, School of Fine Arts – Buffalo, New York
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, New York State
- Certified Acupuncturist, New York State
- Clinical Faculty, 2/2015-, Tristate College of Acupuncture, TMD Pain Clinic
“Orofacial Pain”, Dr. Richard Pertes, Rutgers, Sept 2014-March 2015
“Management, Measurement & Marketing of Sleep Apnea & Snoring” Dr. Allen Moses, March 2013
American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine Annual Meeting, June 2012
Certification for Endodontic Continuing Education, Fast Track Dr. Steve Buchanan, June 2008.
- The Gelb Center- New York, NY
- Partner Dentist June 2014 Concierge Dental Group – Amherst, NY
- Partner Dentist May 2011-June 2014 Self Employed – Amherst, NY
- Associate Dentist June 2007 – May 2011 Walker Dental – Amherst, NY
- Associate Dentist July 2004 – May 2007 Aesthetic Associates Center – Amherst, NY
If you currently experience TMJ pain, chronic headaches, sleep disorders including sleep apnea, or neck or facial pain please feel contact the best in class, top rated specialist, Doctor Michael Gelb’s NYC or White Plains, New York office, The Gelb Center, today.
635 Madison Avenue, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10022
P: (212) 752-1662
12 Old Mamaroneck Road, Suite 1C
White Plains, NY 10605
P: (914) 686-4528